View Single Post
Old 12-30-2022, 09:37 AM
Fire Giant

As others have mentioned, it really depends on what your end goals are. I don’t play an SK, but I do have a 60 Paladin, which is similar in terms of end game potential. I also have a 60 Warrior. Warrior is an amazing raid tank, and people sleep on their DPS. Even if you’re not tanking, you can hang with anyone except Rogues in DPS. I’d argue they’re technically the second best DPS in the game, if you’re able to pop Precision. The problem with Warrior, is if you don’t plan to raid and gear to the highest potential, they can feel a little underwhelming.

Paladins and Shadowknights on the other hand, feel borderline useless in raid content. They do have some roles to play, but their DPS is horrible and with no real tank discs like Warriors, they’re relegated to much smaller mobs when tanking.

As far as soloing, I solod both of mine to 60, but they were twinked, so honestly I can’t give a good estimation of what that might be like on a toon wearing lower tier gear.

I think if you plan to play fairly casually, or you enjoy group content much more than raid content, go SK. If you want to be a top notch raid tank, go Warrior. Just really depends on your desires in game.