View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 11:39 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menemas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your guide worked perfectly on the first attempt! Thank you very much. I've been struggling on and off for a few years trying different methods. Very happy to find success. GOODBYE WINDOWS! YOU SUCK!
I am glad to here you got it working!

Side note: I mentioned above that I was testing Lavishsofts WinEQ2 linked in the getting started guide. - http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

It works great. After taking the steps in the guide, I downloaded WinEQ2 from the getting started guide and then ran it as an exe in the same configuration where I have Project 1999 in PlayOnLinux. I installed it into the drive_c beside the EQ folder. I then used PlayOnLinux to create a shortcut, and now I just run the WinEQ2 and it opens up my virtual desktop and then I right-click on it and run EQ and it automatically does the patchme and runs P99.

I only did this because I was running into issues where my laptop was getting too hot when I played with it plugged in (it's an old machine) and WinEQ2 allows me to control the CPU usage that EQ needs with the built-in EQPlayNice. If anyone tries this and has questions on it, let me know and I can write it out in a more detailed manner.