View Single Post
Old 02-28-2024, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kiting with a skydarkener is some pretty gross napkin math. I regret looting mine.

As for the fabled “bad knight dps” to what degree? Raid buffed on Yeli compared to a ranger? Sure apples to apples gear the ranger will do better. Normal blue con stuff or solo? It’s closer. EC gear to EC gear? The pally is probably as good or better…Narandi or Reaver vs SBoZ/Swiftwind or Woodsman?

With all the toys on casual stuff the gap widens. BFG’s and sky cloaks. In those adventures when you can’t get all the buffs a ranger does a lot more dps. Like 1.5-3x for at least two mins.
I took my skydarkner out for a spin. I don't have a super low delay weapon, so just grabbed an unhasted rusty 2 handed scythe to compare with something faster. From a very tiny unscientific sample the long delay on this set up seemed to result in more procs than using hasted epics. The bow barely proced with epic, but with unhasted 2 hander it seemed to proc more often. Perhaps a type 1 error. Could be an interesting avenue for further research. Red players may already have it sussed.

Either way kiting with skydarkener was a terrible experience, (which is how I remember it, and how it napkinmaths out as*).

Perhaps it gets better with practice and knowing all the mechanics/interactions/right kit (I am not familiar with raptors so had to root a bunch of spare mobs and kite in the sea)? Maybe with Earthshaker or weighted axe (lets bring fat SKs into the discussion) and best haste (so main target takes fair bow damage and the quad damage is bonus gravy) it would be almost feasible enough to counteract how annoying it is? With the configurations I was using I ran out of 100 arrows before one raptor ran out of hp. It was terrible.

184*4*2/60=24 proc dps spread across all four targets assuming a very favourable 2 procs per minute

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung