Thread: Quest Issue: Blessed Ring of Nife
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 06:35 AM
Planar Protector

It seems that, in addition to the scroll thief quest, these 1-charge rings were given out as rewards for completing or at least participating in various GM events, including the cleansing of the Karanas plague itself.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020428230740

Quote:
Blessed Ring of Nife from the Rude Indvidual Quest.
Wis +2, 1 charge Greater Healing
Quote:
Submited by: Anonymous On: 10/13/2001 10:55:56 AM
I recieved mine from an Gm Event on Lany's. We had to Help Cleanse the Karrana's. 19 of us where chosen to fill Braziers through out west Karanna. We accomplished the Quest and each person recieved this ring. Not a bad ring. After wards, one was picked to finish the quest. He recieved a VERY nice Bp. It was No drop. The picture was very cool looking.

Darcon Holywraith
41 Cleric
Lany's
This post corroborates the one above and seems to imply that the player also received a ring, only to learn that he could have received the much better reward (bulwark) had he roleplayed more believably/with less spam in the chat window.

Quote:
Submited by: Vipral Runningwolves On: 10/26/2001 10:24:06 AM
I was also in that Karana cleansing, i was told that if i hadn't prayed too many times at the end, that i would have been picked to finish the cleansing, but i prayed one too many times, and that is why i wasn't chosen, that really sucks. I was really stupid to do that!
Also, Loathsome Individuals appear to have been removed in late 2000, around October/November.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010708040726

Quote:
Submited by: Derek On: 10/20/2000 4:37:00 PM
What happened to all the loathsomes?I was just out today to get some loot from these guys and kill a ton,and they are gone.All camps are abondoned.why?

Gaden-49 ranger-Soulslek Ro
Quote:
Submited by: Salodin On: 10/21/2000 1:34:28 PM
I didn't see any loathsomes today either. Some people were saying that they were camped too much and because of that, taken out.
Quote:
Submited by: Kaizen On: 10/23/2000 7:06:50 AM
I too am missing the loathsomes... so I petitioned to see of it was a matter of resetting the spawn. I was informed by the Guide that the Loathsomes are set on a timer and/or triggered by a PC action. They recommended that I go to the place that they are known to spawn and tell them "Looks aren't important." This is vaguely familiar but I can't remember to whom you are to say this as you CAN'T say it to an LI as they aren't there.
Quote:
Submited by: Shadoulou On: 12/11/2000 5:59:17 PM
They took these out of the game because they would con red to a lvl 13 and would kos everything but guards. They made it too dificult to hunt in BB entrance. ps does anyone know why when i r-click on ythe cabins it says "you are too far away to reach that, get closer"?
And lastly, here again from the first link is anecdotal evidence of the quest's removal.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020428230740

Quote:
Submited by: Vannidar Katai On: 4/15/2002 2:34:51 PM
This quest no longer works
one of the main npc's is gone (dont remember if it's the priesty guy or the theif that doesnt pop anymore)