View Single Post
Old 05-31-2023, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no need at all, a competent mage would be spamming burnt wood staff for that fight instead especially if the pet is only going to take 1000 damage.
I apologize, I did forget to mention that my previous post is assuming both the Shaman and the Mage are spamming JBB/Burnt Wood Staff (or Boots of Bladecalling). Due to the clickie spam, that is another reason why the Shaman is tanking in this duo, because you are going to get a lot of root breaks. The clickie spam is also the reason I wasn't accounting for the mana you would be gaining back via meditate. The DPS difference is still basically the difference between the Earth Pet tanking and the Water pet backstabbing when you include the clickies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love how you deep dive on the math on this stuff however I think you took that solo video of the mage and used it to look at the class one dimensionally. There are more tools in the kit available than the earth and water pet. If you ever want to test it I have a 58 mage that's parked at the arena that I level there sometimes. No focus staves but she does have the burnt wood.
Yeah that would be awesome if I could get some better Mage pet data, and ideas on how Mages try to improve their play. There is surprisingly little data on both topics. That video I showed is about the only one I could find for a 50+ Mage soloing on P99. I got some great DPS data from Allishia on the Epic Pet, but I don't have the equivalent for the non-epic pets.