View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 08:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually in WoW mobs are shared tag now. I believe they only grey out if the person tagging is in a full group, or if they're tagged by an opposite faction member.

But yep WoW actually probably is a better game for someone like me; quiet, not very social, doesn't have a guild or friends. It offers far more solo content/ability to solo. But at the moment I'm stuck here due to an incident with my old computer. P99 is about the only game this cheap laptop can really handle. Right now I'm just trying my best here. I do speak from the perspective of someone who typically is alone though, who always struggled to find groups for content, and whom running a dungeon in this game higher than crushbone or blackburrow is a hilarious fantasy. I'd still love to see a dragon here one day, or at least do a group quest to earn something that simply can't be bought in the EC tunnel.

I do agree though, it sucks that one needs to have to suck up to the right group of folks controlling the content to do it here, even if they are terrible people that you'd never want to hang out with.
Yeah that's how I played the game for years and enjoy it.

You're playing for fun and that's where it's at.

I'm actually much more social in wow because most content is instanced there for its mostly just a cooperative endeavor by my group. There's still the race to world first stuff butt that only factors in when pushing progress.

I last about three weeks on a lvl 60 toon in eq...and recently that level cap for me personally was more like around lvl 40. And I love to exclusively hang around popular dungeons and camps and help ppl. That's gotten harder lately with over half the server driving a fully raid teired enchanter style toon tho. So once a server hits a year old the game changes really drastically...

I would add a limited character age lifespan to my custom server. And items would be occasionally lost or destroyed by pvE events. Or have their own limited life span ranging from 3 months to a year. It would be very hard to walk around in full BiS velious gear or VP gear on my server. I'd probably instance raid content to counter balance that some tho.