View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 02:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really didn't expect, or want, this thread to turn into another ringing endorsement of the hypocrisy of world PvP.

World PvP in EQ, just like in WoW, is about griefing. There is nothing more to it than that.
Let's take wow pve for example I can sit at a spawn point in Nazjatar spamming mind sear instantly tagging mobs and graying them out to other players. Denying ir delaying them the ability to get ex, loot, finishing quests. Is this not pvp? It's definitely pve. It's also pvp.

All competitive aspects of these games can be "pvp" especially FTE. Camping a single spawn or even /list camps diminishing a players random chances at any item even without outright Denying them.

Let's not kid ourselves that both cooperative and competitive gameplay exist in both pvp and pve environs and they aren't mutually exclusive. Both require certain skillsets. Both can be abused.

Honestly people on blue, green, in my many years of experience are way more persistent, territorial, competative, simultaneously anticompetitive (actively seeking to destroy other people's ability to compete like antitrust). Vs being cooperative. People on red have been in general far more cooperative, especially when there was less GM interference. And the servers where younger. When there's a common goal most people will cooperate to achieve it within a competitive environment regardless of the rules.

It's really disingenuous to say pvp isn't a cooperative or social game and that there aren't noble and ideal ways of playing the game with pvp being an option. And simultaneously erroneous to say people won't be toxic just because it's pve only. It's possible to have a chilled out laid back experience in either environment. And possible to have a perfectly miserable time at manastone, fungi, or jboots on both sets of servers. On blue and green you best be frapsing for sure because even if you where Honestly the first person to engage or be at the spawn already that guy with 50 manastones on his corpses littered around the spawn will definitely fake screenshots and reports u falsely.

I'd rather just invite some friends over for pizza and have an in game group with me. More than likely the toxic players who are bad and abusive people are perpetually soloers or loners and won't be able to harras people legitimately on an FFA server with an active population of roleplayers and do-gooders. Those people don't exist on p99 because they are driven off by the hordes of shut ins. Bots, and boxers, and long time lawyerquesters. Rules lawyers. It's just fatiguing endlessly dealing with the constant threat of a permaban and loosing years of progress. If it was pvp only the worst you could lose out on was a few hours or days and just have to log into an alt and go RP it up in unrest or CB for a bit.

People are thoroughly attached to and brainwashed their in game pixel rights tho. The upside is if you submit to the right groups on blue or green you can be "granted your turn in line". Most of those people are Honestly horrible tho and not worth playing with however.

Tldr. Green is just pvp frapsquest. It's not really classic and no longer really a fantasy game at this point. Nor an mmo. It's a pvp metagame. Where killshots are measured in permabans, suspies, guild bans, guild disbands etc.
Last edited by magnetaress; 10-05-2022 at 02:50 AM..