View Single Post
Old 07-11-2017, 11:37 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ménage à trois [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ever since the last patch, I've had extremely weird issues with crashing on zone, high ping times, and intermittent problems.

The strangest thing is that I can replicate the issue each time (see below), but here's a rundown of some of the symptoms I'm experiencing - just an FYI this is on Windows 10, clean build, had no problems up until last patch:
  1. If I join the 5Ghz wireless band on my access point, ping is always 500ms+ (100pct)
  2. Joining the 2.5Ghz band on my access point, ping is anywhere from 67ms - 250ms (typically depends on people online)
  3. If I run the EQ exe as Administrator, regardless of which band I'm connected to (right-click > Run As Administrator) ping is always 500ms+ (100pct)

During all of these tests, after I join the P1999 server (and have 500+ms lag) it seems to affect my web browsers as well (surfing slows down significantly). If I close the EQ application completely - web sites load normally. Speedtest.net shows down speed of ~150Mb/s down, 90Mb/s up

I've tried different access points, tethered cell phone internet, disabling Windows Defender, closing background applications, and it's hit or miss. One this is for certain though - if I use the 5ghz band or run the program as an administrator the ping goes through the roof.

I want to try a few more tests like running the EXE in compatibility mode, REGEDIT for ACK packets, and running hard wired (not a long term solution since the access point is a considerable distance from my office).

I'll let you know if I find any fixes for the issues I'm experiencing
Thank you for pointing out the 5G thing. I am using that option for the first time today and having crash issues. I'll give it a go on the lower option and see if there's a difference.