View Single Post
Old 12-28-2022, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The wiki which "anybody" can edit is not Classic so if you want to be classic then avoid the wiki altogether. The wiki is not an official source either, it's 3rd party.
I love how everyone loves to declare this ... while completely ignoring or forgetting that back in the classic era we had Caster's Realm, Allakhazam, EQ Atlas, EQ Traders, forums for every single class (I think a couple classes even had multiple), sites or forums for major guilds ... and all sorts of other websites that have since been lost to time.

The wiki puts everything in one place, is more detailed than those sites, and has a few features (eg. the location Xs on maps) they didn't ... but to say it's "not Classic" is to admit you really don't know what classic was like. Today we might look at a map on a second monitor instead of printing it out and putting into a binder (like we did back in the day) ... but it's the same exact map the EQ Atlas guy drew 20+ years ago.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-28-2022 at 12:12 PM..