View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

The extra healing can matter in specific situations. There ARE a handful of encounters the wife and I could not quite do until I completed Innoruuk's Curse on my own shadowknight. That type of shadowknight/shaman duo is probably where these types of items shine most. Outside that, it's a very nice thing to have if I'm solo'ing or duo'ing with the wife's other characters.

I said it in the other thread, but Innoruuk's Curse should not be thought of as a 500/min healing item. That's the maximum potential, but In practice it will not average that much over time since the proc falls off sometimes even with maximum or near-maximum dexterity. I expect it averages something closer to 400/min. Greenmist will sustain at or very near a 300/min average, within 10% of that probably, because the longer duration means its effect will hardly ever fall off--allowing it to sustain much nearer to its maximum potential. This is where the comparison to Greenmist gets difficult.

Compared to a non-Iksar using Innoruuk's Curse, Greenmist:

--Deals less damage over time than the epic does
--Heals for less, probably on order of 2/3 to 3/4 the healing in practice
--Is much more likely to be resisted. This may matter against encounters with highly resistant creatures.
--Between Greenmist, typical shields, and iksar racial bonus, the Iksar will have over 100 more AC than the non-iksar in equivalent gear using the epic.
--Greenmist is twice as fast as Innoruuk's Curse and will generate accordingly more ripostes. This may possibly reduce the weapon's benefit when used against high-hitting creatures.

Greenmist is a very nice item for players who enjoy playing iksars anyway. I would not pick iksar just to have access to that one item, but Innoruuk's Curse is hard enough to obtain that Greenmist may have a strong appeal to lower-end players who won't easily get the standard epic. It took me over four years to complete IC--many players don't play on P99 that long, period. Greenmist can be acquired much more easily. That's probably it's largest benefit.

Danth