View Single Post
Old 03-07-2023, 02:05 AM
Fire Giant

Ignoring magelo, I don't rely on any one item. I run 320MR on my main kiting class for fear/zlandi/vaniki/kland. On the monk somewhere around 235 I found has been adequate. I'd like more sure, but it's adequate.

As for that item, you never need to unequip a range item. Before the projectile even lands the 'real' range item is back in. You never, ever have permanant range items in range. Mouse a jav into range slot, hit range attack, mouse range item back in. It's a <1 second operation. You don't run around with a jav or shuriken equipped for 20mins waiting to throw it at something. You use wands for that.

There isn't a situation you remove the range item for a projectile for more than that time in the game of everquest, in this expension/content range. Maybe later on in the game you unequip slots for some reason, shuriken from time maybe?

And again Do vissar is about having a permanant worn spell gem 1 instaclick always up.
Grim aura or firefist are buff 1. Start fighting they get overwritten by celestial tranquility. End fighting, click grim aura/firefist back on. Not to do with stats.

Even when running around kiting you're constantly being dispelled like a vaniki pull. You want to be able to spam 4 to 5 self instant buffs on to protect a deeply buried sow. (and speaking generally here about warriors too as there's knowledge for them to share) Tanking glimmers (or sontalak) in ToV you want to use equipped/worn, non targeted insta clicks so items like AoN, 10th ring, feshlak BP, monk epic, tunare belt, lady nev cloak are valuable beyond any lacking stats they may have. There's a lot of value in having those items beyond what seems like a rando clicky.