View Single Post
Old 03-07-2023, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathook [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends what you think your endgame is gonna look like. But if you think youre gonna be one of the top geared monks on the server, then dex is the build. Sta is the build for second-tier monks who end up with 1 or 2 vulak/doze items. Top monks easily max out STA without buffs. You cant max dex without buff or large sacrifices in other stats.

People on p99 consistently underestimate how relevant dex is.

Here is my Magelo: https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Green:Meathookk
All your combat stats are going to be capped with FoS and Avatar, so that isn't a good argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're making some weird assumptions about how a monk functions on p1999. No monk on p99 has used a javelin in over 12 years now; I think I've used 6 individual javs in 12 months or so total... That meta died about month 6 of kunark duking out trak engages.

So with those assumptions being slighty off it means your magelo's are still pretty poor
No silver bracelet of speed?
No abashi/FoN equipped?
No Ring of Destruction?
Noone's carrying Do Vissar's around on a monk except Kelz. Again bagspace and the epic click combined with firefist or grim aura is your #1 slot dispell repellent. Permanant buff slot 1.

Abashi is inventory clickable, you never equip that item except once you have 4-5 FoN procs tanking. You never use javs...ever.

Other changes I made was boots to +hp/resist, you have enough AC at that point.
Range added.

The argument is about bagspace too. So you don't have bagspace to carry a CT shield around for resists etc. You don't have bagspace to carry a spare shawl etc. A top end monk has maaaaybe 3 slots free total, with half their keys banked.

Anyway check this one out for a clearer picture.

monkforumhero

Shroud of longevity is a game changer because it is regen, plus the 100hp (which is 1.4 regen/tick on mend cooldown), plus resists, plus a bag slot. Combine all those and it's why it is good. Plus it's a lot of stamina in one slot which is a buffslot midway through velious which is fairly huge. Without shroud you're using koi back and maybe stamina boots to cap until you're about 2 slots from BiS. Monks are incredibly bagslot, and buff cap limited.

As for throwing items, maybe when doing king I'll summon some throwing things...and the range slot goes right back the moment i've thrown the projectile. Might throw a jav at a vaniki or guardian K. Pretty darn rare they come out of the bag though.
I do have abashi equipped in the Magelo. You might want to look closer instead of simply trying to be silly.

If you want to cap resists at 255 Ring of Destruction is inferior to Essence Ring. You are basically swapping 7 all res for 35 HP. Not a good trade. Good catch on the Silver Bracelet of Speed though, I did miss that one.

I am not sure why you are concerned about bag space either, since that Magelo only has 4 swap pieces.

If Shroud was a Game Changer Monks would request Regrowth instead of Ring 10, which they often don't. If you can live without 5 regen, you can live without 9.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 03-07-2023 at 01:02 AM..