View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotrocks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is coming from someone who is IN NO WAY a min/maxer...

I will pick a warrior over a pally/sk any day because you WILL notice that 40% penalty. Guaranteed. I actually avoid grabbing paladins or sk's if I can (this isn't to say I wont pick one up - I will, but only if my other tank options are exhausted). I have nothing against either class, it's just that my xp bar starts to crawl whenever we happen to pick one up. God forbid its a troll or iksar SK with that 60 something % penalty.. *shudder*
Hold your horses there gotrocks! My old SK was a troll, so thats a 68% penalty right there. I was the "go to" guy in Mistmoore for a decent XP group...one that often had CC/clarity and never went out of mana. The slowdown tends to come in the 40s, which is where I gave up (and sold him), but I'm coming back with a dark elf SK instead to minimize the crawl.

Having 2-3 hybrids is noticeable, 1 certainly isn't too bad. If you've got a good SK/paladin they're worth the investment.

For me, min/maxers not only roll halflings if possible, but they discriminate when it comes to forming a group. Funny though isn't it? A bard is a 40% penalty but everyone thinks they're extremely worthwhile?