View Single Post
Old 02-27-2022, 01:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what the actual fuck are you talking about that's literally exactly what the game was, first raid i ever did was a 100+ man maestro/trash clear in 99'
Hate/Fear were, sure, but Velious was not. Warmbodies weren't particularly useful. One bad cleric in the chain against AoW or Tunare hurt you, not helped. One bumper or tank who cannot reliably accomplish these tasks result in a wipe. It's funny you mention Maestro though, because he was the first boss in the game where having MORE people made him more difficult. He does a PBAE lifetap and if you had a billion shitters, he would just heal more. But yeah, armor farms would get to 100+ because there was nothing else to do. Even Naggy/Vox didn't gain much from being zerged - someone sub-50 with no resist gear would do absolutely nothing, literally be feared/AoE'd the entire time and do zero damage.

Also remember this the era of Dial Up. Having 50 more low-quality players would just lag everyone out.

I played in a few decent guilds on live (Enlightened Dark on Tarew Marr and Talisman on Tunare) and we got one of the first Tunare kills in the game, and we had 50 people. NToV we did with 30-40ish. I only remember having to team up with another guild for AoW, and we only took their rogues, bards, and necros.