View Single Post
Old 12-07-2022, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. But he said you can kill Hadden and still hunt the zone and claim Hadden when he spawns. That is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. If someone comes and you arent there, you lost the camp.
I'm sorry, but you're misunderstanding the Camp Rules.

You can camp an infinite amount of mobs in the zone. As long as you make it back to each one before they respawn, they are all your camp.

But that last part is key: if you kill mob A, then go on to mob B, and someone else comes to mob A, sees it spawn, and waits a "reasonable" amount of time (the staff has never defined "reasonable"), they can take A from you. Again, it's only your's if you are back to catch the respawn within a "reasonable" amount of time.

So, getting back to Hadden, yes you can absolutely kill Hadden and Pyzjin, and a million wolves and bears and skeletons if you're bored enough. But to prevent someone else from killing Hadden, you need to kill him first, then be there when he respawns (or at least within a "reasonable" amount of time of him spawning).

So if someone else comes along and Hadden is up while you're off at Pyzjin, they don't even need to communicate with you: if they just wait a "reasonable" amount of time, they can safely kill Hadden. But as long as you time it right, and get back to Hadden before he respawns, he's yours ... and so is Pyzjin, assuming you killed her or her placeholders last.

The way someone else ends that is by showing up to either camp and saying "I want to camp this". You reply "I'm camping it and this other camp", and they can then reply "well, you have to pick one". You then have to choose which one you want exclusive rights on.

P.S. As a side note, I don't think this is the best policy for P99, personally. I think the "reasonable" amount of time should be clearly defined ... and I think it should be like 5 or 10 seconds.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-07-2022 at 05:02 PM..