View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Halfling Bard—Halflings are merry and sing and bards are already roguish, obv
Merry and Pippin always raising hell or winning hearts and minds with a good romp. It matches the source material (lotr) of the source material (dnd) for eq!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Iksar Rogue—Iksar Outcast faction, train outside of Cab
Agreed. Add in Half Elf trainers in West Karana for half elf wizards and stuff. Don't make it a city, just a rabble of wild half elves.

Quote:
Barbarian Paladin/Cleric—The children of Mith Marr should be able to do Mith Marr things
Quote:
Half Elf Cleric—I don't see why mud bloods would be shunned from the more accepting guilds like Erollsi Marr or Karana
the more dogmatic churches should maybe refuse to train them due to their impurity? idk. Being descriminated against is one of the supposed themes of half elves, but you don't see it much in game beyond the classes they can('t) choose.
Quote:
Half Elf Monk—This makes sense given monks came from bards. They are the descendants of those people. Quellious only as they are true believers.
Troll Cleric—Innoruuk or CT clerics. One faction is sympathetic to OG trolls (Broken Skull Clan). Differentiates from Ogres.
Maybe add in some new spawn location options for half elves. Perhaps half elf rogues can start in Neriak - they raise the mudbloods up as passable spies (hmm, perhaps enchanters too!?).

Quote:
I also like the idea of a guild of Prexus Druids/Rangers/Rogues, but I'd say they are probably Human/Half Elf/Erudite, perhaps starting in OOT.
needs to be more erud/barbarian touches to half elves. IDK how. Maybe let justice warrior half elves start in Halas?

Quote:
I feel if you go too hard on interesting "contrast" it gets weird where the majority of players are off theme—e.g. most Paladins are DEs and most Rangers are Iksar, etc. But I think some of the races could use more fleshing out.
Rangers could actually make sense for Iksar thinking about it - they do have a spirituality / wilderness theme to them as a race. heck they even got forage. Iksar warriors have no plate and forage - they are basically rangers already.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung