View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 05:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhueter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree, account and item buying is tacky and run of the mill. The server(s) just need a hard reset when everyone agrees it would be the most interesting thing to do. Which, I would say is now for sure.
You do realize account trading/selling/buying was allowable in real '99. It took awhile before it got banned. To take it a step further, when EQ2 was released, Sony actually built their own account selling/trading site, lol.

The reason why it got banned here on P99 was due to staff issues. They were some issues with people abusing it in-game. They got tired of dealing with said issues. Even with people being banned, this didn't stop, so they said no more. In other words, a few people screwed us all over, lol.

And also the main reason this was a great feature here was it allowed people with a lot of plat an avenue to spend plat. I sold accounts up to 750k range here. These were accounts that had unique no-drop items that were no longer obtainable. Items like pre-nerf guise, firepot binding, gm event loot (unlimited firework clicky). Nobody bought accounts to advance in the game. The people buying accounts were already established and plat. None of the accounts I sold had a fully geared character on it but they all sold fast.
Last edited by skorge; 03-29-2024 at 05:33 AM..