View Single Post
Old 08-16-2023, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I came back after a long break and rolled an SK, noticed disease cloud was doing virtually nothing, learned about the patch, did some research/asked some people and switched to clinging darkness.

I've been playing around with a paladin but I'm still pretty low level... and still trying to decide which class I ultimately want to go with this time around. What are paladins doing for agro at higher levels (group and raid), and how well is it working? I grouped with a rogue in unrest and noticed it took flash of light spam throughout an entire fight to hold agro over a rogue. Does stun work better when I get it? Please tell me they aren't relying on root. My SK was able to do really well with just clinging darkness.
Get epic for that phat proc, best haste, crown of narandi, and mostly flash with the occasional stun and you'll be good. Would be more fun though I think to just small man stuff where aggro isn't really an issue, or do some fun solo dungeon crawling. Pallies have plenty of tools to get the job done.

I prefer playing my SK for twink builds because I like the chillness of fd if I need to afk at a moment's notice. But can't go wrong with either.