Thread: SK Race Choice
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2024, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I went from rarely using my BE gaunts to never using them once I got a Soul Defiler. Easier said than done but as a general practice just potg will keep up with casting tank spells. If it won’t, it’s because you are fighting something with a 0-second or CH chain targeted on you. In that case, the clerics will go OOM before you will.

Theorycrafting is fun. Nice to have the option of a free click when your mana is struggling. Likewise a Greenmist is a good tanking weapon, especially with the nerf to DC. An AC, STR, lifetap dot would be a fever dream weapon for any warrior…
I agree that Soul Defiler is a big help to solve mana problems. But it is a tough item to get. It's a rare drop and usually goes for a large amount of DKP, even in top guilds.

Greenmist would be awesome on a Warrior, but the same could be said for many 1h knight weapons. They have a higher than average ratio to make up for low knight damage.

Since Greenmist can't be used on a Warrior, and this is a Shadowknight thread, we need to discuss the merits of Greenmist vs. Blood Ember in the context of a Shadowknight.

Once you are in a position to acquire a Soul Defiler, you can also get an Axe of Resistance or Silver Whip of Rage if you want a high MR 1 handed weapon. So high MR isn't really an argument for Greenmist, especially since Shadowknights don't need procs to maintain agro. Stacking Greenmist and Epic is not worth it either when you look at the math, except in the luckiest of cases where you can proc both within 6 seconds.

I'd rather have BE Greaves and a Silver Whip of Rage/Axe of Reaistance/Vulak Axe over Greenmist. Sadly Greenmist is replaceable by raid gear. Blood Ember Gear cannot be replaced.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 03-08-2024 at 12:28 PM..