Thread: Not Good
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 04:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd make one of those images of the guy sitting in front of a table with a sign saying "Power Rangers was a terrible rip-off of Voltron: change my mind"
I'm way late to this thread but that comment is so insanely wrong my head is spinning. It's like when people attribute everything originating with family guy because of the time family guy made a parody of it.

AVGN did a thing where he went back to watch all the power rangers since he missed out on it as a kid and the whole intro sequence where he was able to link it to the entire umbrella of Tokusatsu blew his mind, and that if he had just realized what he missed out on it was what he always wanted. Voltron is way, WAY modern to classic Tokusatsu and the umbrella Sentai.

This was kind of the realization when I was little jumping from things like Ghostbusters, TMNT, and more modern things like Power Rangers and Sailor Moon, a lot of people when looking back to investigate realize that what they thought these things were was WAY not what they were expecting, and it ties back to some insane things like classic monster movies or godzilla way closer then you realize. Its an awesome thing.

For anyone who wants to see the funny reaction, check it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLWnl2fBy3Q