View Single Post
Old 08-18-2023, 11:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I struggled a little to put mage on that list but in the end you cant solo, duo or trio as well as other classes and your reduced to a coth guy in raids. I would be super bummed if I made a mage and did not know this.
Mod rods in neat little rows behind the clerics is an art form. Also, their damage shields are very decent and should be more thought of as their DPS contribution rather than the tank's. Magicians should have received Highsun though, along with a few other spells allowing them to relocate targets, including themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Necros I think are arguably the most overrated class in the game. If I started a necro and didn’t know I would end up a casual soloing class and a twitch pump in raids I would be upset.
Pet walk, train out. DA engage. Skelly nuke pegasus island in PoS. Underrated heals that are often enough for the average group, plus some CC and undead charm if DPS is lacking.

Quote:
Its been a long time since I raided VP but I do not remember pallies or sk’s tanking. Snap aggro equates to nothing. Warriors always use snap aggro clicks on raid targets anyway so not sure what your talking about.
Few snap aggro clickies are useful nowadays, with the best option being rare/expensive. Snap aggro is crucial for certain fights.

Quote:
Everything a Ranger does best equals nothing. Everything impactful they do is done better by a different class.
Being #1 at eating DTs has to count for something. If ShowEQ was allowed, track would equal nothing. Still, only two classes have access to harmony, which is extremely useful when pulling hate minis. It's also just good all-around option for avoiding trains in zones like KC, MM, etc., allowing the group to pick and choose which mobs to kill as the train paths back.

Quote:
I’m not knocking druids. I think they are an underrated class. I disagree with the advice I often see about porting to make plat. This is horrible advice. You can make similar platinum xping in your 20’s with any class.
Casual, low effort alternative to making plat. Actively killing respawns versus tabbing in/out of game and casting spells to/from different zones with little to no risk of dying.
If a player is serious about making plat, there are more lucrative options but all require actively killing mobs. Agreed though, the class is underrated.

Quote:
The best regen in the game equates to nothing.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=390357

Quote:
Old 08-23-2021, 03:38 PM
Fire Giant

Bruicse bought a Salindrite dagger for 2? 3? million. I know pre nerf fungi staffs have gone for multiple million..

There's certain people out there who SHOULD have 10-20 million at least in the bank, if not at least that much value in BIS droppables across their accounts.
PoH lute regens 50+ hp per tick for each party member; 300hp spread around every 6 seconds, assuming full group. Regen especially complements shaman canni / necromancer lich, and reduces the need for offheals from whichever priest class is in group.

Quote:
Their best attribute is the stacking of their songs which I’m not sure is worth replacing another class. I forgot to mention Bards are wanted for their resist song so I will concede to that.
Stacking songs also is beneficial, continuously acting as multiple junk buffs versus AE dispels.

255 magic resists and dragon roar still manages to land on party members. 255 fire resists and HoT dragons still melt the group with fire-based AEs. The benefits of resist songs are still noticeable enough most of the time, but reading through the old websites, likely much more reliable in classic.

Quote:
They are a shitty chanter if you need one.
Enchanter provides hard CC. Bard provides medium/soft CC. Bard with hard CC and long duration charm would be broken, just like Enchanter with unlimited mana, fastest movement speed, highest resists, AE snare, group DA, and staves with spell modifiers would be broken.

Quote:
The hybrid penalty during most of game ruins them for XP.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Experience

Race/Class Experience Modifiers
By Race:
Troll -20%
Iksar -20%
Ogre -15%

By Class:
Depending on where your server is at, these may or may not be present. On Red, Green and Blue class penalties have been removed.

Paladin / Shadowknight / Ranger / Bard -40%
Monk -20%
Wizard / Magician / Enchanter / Necromancer -10%

By Combination:
Exp modifiers are multiplied not added. E.g. Troll SK would be 1.4 (class) x 1.2 (race) = 1.68 or a 68% penalty.

IKS MNK = -44%
IKS NEC = -32%
IKS/TRL SHD = -68%
OGR SHD = -61%

Quote:
There is no need for any messing about when pulling for xp you just pace the mobs with the healers mana and there’s a million ways to split if needed.
Pacing by pulling singes/doubles wastes time since the puller has to run back and forth over and over. With one eye, much of that legwork is bypassed. In those cases, pacing is achieved with the Enchanter using AE mez and the Bard using AE snare/slow. Eye pulling ensures all of those mobs are claimed, untouchable by other groups in zone once the Enchanter has them mezzed.
Last edited by Ennewi; 08-18-2023 at 11:32 PM..