View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, in fact, it seems my problem may actually be that I do read your posts.

The only qualifier you mentioned was solo versus group play. As far as group play you are equally wrong, as snare allows all sorts of duo/trios to become viable/good that otherwise would be a terrible .

Even in full groups having snare can save a lot of mana if another snaring class isnt around, assuming your are killing enemies that flee at low hp. And if your group needs you to lull, that abysmal gnome cha is certainly a massive drawback relative to humans, doubly so if you need to do a corpse retrieval.

I didn't get into any of this previously because i was waiting for you to explain your bizarre claims before i came to any conclusion. who knows maybe i don't now something about tinkering that changes everything, but so far thats not the case., as you failed to supply any relevant information one why tinering is even relevant let alone game changing.

They don't really need to "max" anything, but they would certainly like str to carry gear/loot, cha for lull, and have the mana for heals. Clerics get a lot of value out of of starting stats, like many of the other lull-blessed classes.
I think you are putting too much value on the snare clickie. The snare is bad, and short duration. It is serviceable in solo situations, but it still isn't amazing.

In groups snare isn't necessary most of the time, root works fine, and you wouldn't really use it over a superior snare if a group member has it.

Low CHA isn't relevant, as it is easy to get cheap CHA gear for lulling.

I never said Tinkering is a game changer. You aren't reading. If you aren't using the Innoruuk clickies, it is more useful than Ultravision and Hide, unless you have a Gnome already with Tinkering.