View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 04:21 AM
Banned

The roughest thing for me was finding out that they nerfed the Halflings in Misty Thicket. I used to make 10K a night farming these. And honestly I support the nerf to them, but I think the problem is that it was done too late and in the future, it should probably be done very early on, if not day 1 on new servers.

Before if I wanted an item that cost 40K, no big deal, open up YouTube, or find a Podcast, and farm halflings for a few hours every night. Minimal effort, and after no time, I would have enough money to buy whatever it was I wanted. Even if you just did them an hour a night, you would accrue a massive amount of $$$ in a months time, and the content wasn't challenging at all.

But now that's gone, and that's fine, but the problem is, the prices on servers are still super high, and there's not nearly as many ways for new or returning players to generate the kind of wealth expected out of them in order to buy stuff.

I guess I'm technically a little bit of a twink on Blue because I did level my Gnome Cleric off of halfling guards for as long as I could stand it, but then I run into other players my level who just started and I'm confused at how gimped they are because they are level 40 and still wearing ringmail, and go OOM trying to kill a blue mob.

I feel like if they had played pre-halfling nerf they would easily have gotten 200+ wisdom by level 40, but now all the decent plat camps are over-farmed, so they find themselves having to solo cactuses and mountain giants who drop trash loot.

I just hope on the new server, assuming it launches in 2023, that Halfling spears is nerfed from day 1. Think it will help the economy over all in the long run versus waiting 3 years into a server's life span to suddenly remove them.