View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 11:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride the spiral [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Adjusting the gamma doesn't do anything (at least on my computer). I believe it has been disabled server side?

Human night blindness is brutal. I regret having made my bard a human. As a test you should make a human in FP, run to EC and ask a Mage for a coldstone, wait until midnight and equip and unequip the necklace. The difference is STARK. Infravision makes night time playable, Ultravision trivializes it. Night blindness nearly makes the game unplayable. Good luck with your CR at night time.
Playing an erudite I can tell you that wandering around at night is pretty damn fun for me. I also have a ton of playtime, so navigating using the sky and zone walls is doable for me.

Running from Western commonlands to eastern karanas I can tell you that I had to STOP because I was unable to discern where the large drop was without a light source.

You will be seeking light sources, sources of infravision/ultravision.

If this doesn't appeal to you as a gameplay element, avoid it. It is very noticeable.