View Single Post
Old 07-07-2023, 05:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
3a. Argument: Clerics have Stun Command, which is a useful spell during Charm breaks.
3b. Rebuttal: Stun Command is not required to properly handle Charm breaks. You need to show evidence as to why this is a huge benefit over Malo/Malosini on a pet for Charm breaks, for example. Shamans have quite a few tools to use when helping out with a Charm break.
I'd like to hear you restate your case for how a shaman can help out on a charm break, because I usually feel kinda useless on charm breaks when playing my shaman. Malo line, of course, but what can you actually do to give the enchanter some space to re-charm?

On the cleric, the level 5 Stun gives a couple seconds for the enchanter to react, and won't override a successful mez. The DD stuns are less useful because they can break mez, but can sometimes be helpful. Stun Command, obviously helpful.

Both shamans and clerics can root or heal. What other tricks would a shaman use? There's slows, but that makes the pet more of a hastle to get back into fighting form after re-charming. Sometimes I use Flash of Light to steal aggro, but I always worry about it landing while no one is in melee range, causing the mob to run off in a random direction.