View Single Post
Old 01-22-2024, 08:45 AM
Aviak

Default QOL differences between P99 and TLP

I'm putting some finishing touches to the next episode which is about the quality of life differences between P99 and TLP's.

We used this list:
https://www.reddit.com/r/everquest/c...s_between_tlp/

Faster Exp Rate / No Hell Levels / No Class Penalties - Exp moves considerably faster than P99/classic, and there are no hell levels or exp penalties for classes.

Exp weighted towards Even+ Cons / Full Groups - Exp bonuses are weighted towards even+ cons and full groups. Players tend to favor full groups that are charm-heavy, as charm generates a ton of DPS like in P99.

Picks - As zones get crowded, a new "pick"of that zone will be created. You can use /pick to move to the newly created pick. This lets lots of people play in the same "zone" to help overcrowding.

Raid Instances - While guilds can compete in the open world for raid bosses, you can spawn a private instance of the zone with your guild and kill the raid bosses at your leisure. There is a cooldown on how often you can do this.

No corpse runs / smaller exp penalty upon death.

In-Game Maps - No need to have the P1999 wiki pulled up on the second monitor. In-game maps with TLPs!

LFG System / Global Chat Channels - An in-game LFG system and global chat channels really helps with forming groups.

Shared Banks / Parcel Merchants - Shared banks and parcel merchants in towns allow you to send items to characters.

Extended Target Window - Amazing tool. Can leave it on auto to show mobs aggro on your group. Or you can right click on it and choose targets. For example, as a raid cleric, I can put raid tanks in there that aren't in my group so I can monitor their health.

The Daybreak Store - 25% exp bonus potions for 4 hours is helpful but also lots of other little benefits. The 4 hour sow potion is incredible when a server starts, as is the 40 slot 100% weight reduction bag.

Advanced Loot Window - Takes getting used to but alleviates the need to manually right-click and loot every corpse.

Saved Spell Lists / No Re-Memorization Upon Death - Can save spell lists by right clicking on the spell book.

Weapon Augments - This lets tanks and especially warriors have a chance at generating aggro.

PCs Generally More Powerful - The power level of TLP characters is massively higher than P99. Most camps until you hit The Hole will be limited by mobs. Single pulling is almost never worth it especially with a charm pet that most groups over level 20 will have.

More Potions - Incredibly powerful. The greater concentration potions for mana regen, disease cure for bees/draco, heals, etc.

Origin - ALL classes get this at level 5. It's a teleport to your home town with a cooldown of 18 minutes.

/hidecorpse alwaysnpc - Hide all dead mobs but not player corpses.

Boats are optional - Gnomish translocators located near boats now instantly port players across oceans; boats are still available for rides.

Soulbinders - No need to beg for binds now; soulbinder NPCs can bind you at cities.

Easy Skill Increases - A built in skill catch up mechanic causes rapid skill increases if you fall behind in a skill.

Bandoliers - Easy weapon switching via hotkey.

No meditate button.

"Revamped" textures in many classic zones. Luclin player-model textures can be turned off and classic textures used.

Most pre-raid classic content available upon launch.

Some classic items will possess valuable focus effects disabled at classic but (i.e., increase to type damage, etc) available in later expansions.

TLPs allow boxing to various extents [Aradune: 2 box limit on two different devices).

No PNP. Certain players may attempt to train or KS you, but bad apples can be avoided via pick system.

Certain cash camps permacamped by RMT/neckbeards (GEBs).

Currency no longer weighs anything. Monks, rejoice.

Bards can use /melody to ease song twisting; rangers can AFK more with bow /autofire.

DPS Racing is the standard. FTE (first to engage) is considered a discretionary courtesy.

What are some of your thoughts on these? I'll include many of them in the episode.

Thanks