View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 04:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I set up a gina trigger to have a 18 sec countdown, but unless I'm mistaken there is a randomness to bards charm duration, as I often had charm break before the end of said timer.
If someone has a reliable method, I'm interested as well.
It has a small chance of breaking early.

But most of what you are seeing is that it is a tick based duration. Each mob ticks about once every six seconds, and any time after landing charm until the mobs next tick is extra duration. So if you don't know when the mobs tick is, it looks like there is six seconds of randomness.

The tick times seem to be pretty stable, so if you figure out one tick you can calculate when it's next ticks will be. Unfortunately different mobs often tick at different times, so you'd have to figure it out for every mob you charm.

I guess you could record the tick time by hitting a macro when your charm breaks and have your parser go off that.

Like others here I mostly just cast my usual twist then partial cast charm until it breaks. I tried hide some when I was charm killing in droga; it's too bad our hide skill is so low, because that technique would be useful if hide worked more often.