View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Hah! Original poster says he has no intention of raiding. Some people don't like or have interest in that mode of gameplay. I've been max level on my shadowknight for more than ten years without a single North Temple Veeshan item on it and i've done plenty of stuff, more than most. That type of equipment just isn't necessary.

------------------------------------------------

The Velium Shards click will, as you expect, eventually fade into irrelevance as you level and eventually won't be worth bothering with since it doesn't scale. Enjoy it for the time being, stop using it once it gets pointless. Click or no click, that bracer will last you probably until you camp Velketor's for the Silver Chitin Wristbands. That particular camp will be well within your trio's capability by about the middle 50's if not sooner.

Those 22% haste gloves and something like a 30/40 weapon is good enough to get to level 60 with, especially since you said you're frequently in a trio. For example, I used an 18/26 Noctivagant Blade for years at 60, and got to 60 with worse haste than that, because Velious wasn't out yet. I lived. If you can do better than that, great, but the type of stuff listed will get the job done if it has to. Some of the affordable-ish Velious weapons with a near to 1:1 ratio like Argent Protector, Carved Dragonbone Spear, etc should be on your radar. Longer term something like a Narandi Lance might be within reach. Get the best haste you can budget for, knowing the gloves will get the job done if they have to.

High-end droppables like Crown of Narandi might seem out of reach--and may be if you're a P99 "tourist" who'll quit before or shortly after reaching maximum level--but are obtainable with enough time and saving if you play over a longer period. Put them on the back burner, but don't forget them entirely. If you stick with the game awhile, you'll find platinum eventually adds up over time.

Danth