View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 11:44 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its just a like 12 point dd, theres no aggro to it, barely any dmg to it. you are better off casting one of your debuffs in that timeframe then 12 point DD. the range is too shit to work as a pull since its like basically melee range. hope that helps.
Indeed, but sometimes I'm out of mana, or desperate to conserve the mana I have. This isn't a "instead of spellcasting" thing, it's a "instead of autoattacking only" thing.

After testing, my weapon seems to work freakishly perfectly with the dd. Always casting and 0 loss of time between swings. It's uncanny really, if I time it perfectly the melee button won't even tick gray.

And I insist that 12 points of damage every 3 seconds is nothing to scoff at. It absolutely adds up, especially if you're solo, and especially since it feels like it lands almost every time (I'm sure it depends on the mob). It's like an item that turns my misses into hits for 12.

To contextualize that a bit better, I just went in game and killed a spectral guardian as a level 40 sk. It took me 1 minute 10 seconds. I opened with a bow shot, dropped 3 dots on it, then spammed the cuffs with my melee for the rest of the match. I got 13 casts off. That adds up to 156 damage. If that fight represented futures fights that's like getting a free Harm Touch a little under every 3 and a half or so fights depending on rng.

It's nothing crazy, and it's going to get less impressive as I level... it's like a 10% increase of a damage output that wasn't that impressive in the first place in exchange for carpal tunnel... But think of it this way... 10% extra dps is the difference between a 400 platinum haste item (Silver Chitin Hand Wraps) and a 20 thousand platinum haste item (Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt). (Minus stats of course)

It may not be much to you, but like I said, I don't raid. Period. So I have to work with what I can get. And arduous as it was to get this, I succeeded. This is my version of being a minmaxy power user. How could I turn down free damage?

I'm sure I'll outgrow this thing as I enter my 50s and get a better weapon, but for now, I absolutely love it. It's perfect.

Looks DAZZLING too. Goes AMAZING with my Guardian Armor.
Last edited by stealthbeast; 01-25-2023 at 12:01 AM..