View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balimon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People have brought up some good points. The epic pet mostly just lets you solo the same stuff faster/easier than before. It isn't just a vanity item however, it is definitely a step up from the other pets. You don't need it though, focused air or water pet is just fine. The biggest advantage is being freed from the struggle of summoning a max level/hit pet. If you're looking for an epic for solo play it's not really worth the cost or time investment as others have said.

The epic is more of a raid upgrade really...even as just a stat stick. Having an on demand 67 Max hit pet is the other real benefit. If you are a serious raider than it may be worthwhile to you, it's one of the best pieces of kit you can get, albeit an expensive one. Sadly because of game balence Mages really need clickies and kit to be relevant in raiding.

I recommend going after a Manna robe and Z heart instead, these are must haves for Mages in my opinion. I haven't worn my epic much since getting my Z heart, it's just so good. Both of these items are cheaper than an Earth staff plat or dkp wise. Getting some MP Regen to go along with it is even better.
All that is fluff, all that matters on raid side is can you quad mage? if you cant you are failing your 1 job. the rest bots can do.