View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shucioh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I readed server rules, more than once Loramin. There is no reference to the hardware we can use. Not even about the macros, and I already said I dont use them. So dont assume I use them to afk leveling skills or something like that because I dont and I dare you to prove otherwise. So dont tell me Im not playing by the rules, because thats a lie.
So dont act childish and if you have a problem with this matter, repport me to any admin. Ill gladly talk with anyone about this issue if they think I should not use some specific hardware brands or models.
You should keep in mind that almost every actual gaming keyboard have macro functions, and that doesnt mean we are using macros in Project 1999. I may be a newbie here, but I play online games since 90's. Ive been always respectfull to server rules in online games.

So, Thanks but Im not going "somewhere else" just because you dont know what are you talking about.
If adminds / owners of P1999 think that way, they are the only ones with autority to tell me that.

/cheers
The "adminds" / owners of P1999 do think that way, and they have told you (with authority):

Quote:
Originally Posted by https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159515
4.3. You may not use third-party programs on Project 1999.

The use of any third-party programs on Project 1999, including but not limited to, Macroquest/Macroquest2(MQ/MQ2), ShowEQ(SEQ), or any other program that interacts with the Everquest Titanium Client, is strictly prohibited. Use of any third-party programs will be detected and will result in the permanent banning of your account(s). No exceptions will be made, and once a ban has been enacted for violation of this rule it will not be reversed.

Wineq2 by Lavishsoft is the exception to this rule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132299
3. You may not use third-party programs on Project 1999.

The use of any third-party programs on Project 1999, including but not limited to, Macroquest/Macroquest2(MQ/MQ2), ShowEQ(SEQ), or any other program that interacts with the Everquest Titanium Client, is strictly prohibited. Use of any third-party programs will be detected and will result in the permanent banning of your account(s). No exceptions will be made, and once a ban has been enacted for violation of this rule it will not be reversed.

This is not limited to programmable keyboards or other input devices that creates multiple inputs for a single keystroke or automated task.

Wineq2 by Lavishsoft is the exception to this rule.
The second one has an added sentence that's particularly relevant for you (which I bolded).

And if you're still not convinced, here's Rogean (the head honcho) way back in 2012 saying the same basic thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=722090%7C
Programs that parse the log file are fine, as long as they do not do any type of automatic control/response/manipulation/macro on your character in place of manual control.
The simple point is that cheating is cheating no matter how you do it. But I wasn't pointing that out to get you to leave the server ... well, unless you're the kind of person who really can't enjoy a game without cheating, in which case GTFO.

But if you're here to play classic EQ, fairly, along with 1k+ other players who also play fairly, welcome! Just don't use your programmable keyboard to do things people without such keyboards can't do and you're golden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ps. Loramin is a good guy his advise is wise and fair.
<3

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 08-09-2018 at 04:35 PM..