View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 03:33 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It has nothing to do with whether its software-based or hardware-based, and everything to do with having an unfair advantage over other players.

The rules against macros (including keyboard/mouse/gamepad programs) are there for a reason: if they weren't, people would use them to beat other people to a mob, or to trivialize learning tradeskills, or do other things that ordinary players with ordinary mice/keyboards/gamepads can't.

If you want to play on EverQuest server that doesn't keep things fair for everyone, go somewhere else. If you want to play here, play by the rules, and that means not using any mechanism to do things other players can't do.
I readed server rules, more than once Loramin. There is no reference to the hardware we can use. Not even about the macros, and I already said I dont use them. So dont assume I use them to afk leveling skills or something like that because I dont and I dare you to prove otherwise. So dont tell me Im not playing by the rules, because thats a lie.
So dont act childish and if you have a problem with this matter, repport me to any admin. Ill gladly talk with anyone about this issue if they think I should not use some specific hardware brands or models.
You should keep in mind that almost every actual gaming keyboard have macro functions, and that doesnt mean we are using macros in Project 1999. I may be a newbie here, but I play online games since 90's. Ive been always respectfull to server rules in online games.

So, Thanks but Im not going "somewhere else" just because you dont know what are you talking about.
If adminds / owners of P1999 think that way, they are the only ones with autority to tell me that.

/cheers

Quote:
How do you type with one of those things?

Never understood that.
You dont [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You may use a classic keyboard to type. The gamepad is mostly for movements and easy access to spellbok and hotbars. All with your hand resting on it. Its very comfortable when playing for hours.