View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 11:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Double post for clarity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another member of Trainquish who has poor reading comprehension. If you are too stupid to grasp that winning 4 out 5 races is not "equal chance" then I certainly do not trust any of your "logic".

This would be the chance of winning 20 in a row if the chance of winning or losing was equal.
Probability of A occuring 20 time(s) = 0.50^20 = .00000095367431640625or about 1 in 1,000,000.out of it.

If you don't understand an argument please do what Remen does and stay out of it.
Quote:
This is the dumbest statistical theory I've ever seen. Did you even go to college? Stats 101?

When outcome is only A or B, the chance of A occurring 20 times in a row = 0.50^20 --> This is applicable only if the chance of A or B occurring is EQUAL, such as flipping a coin. In EQ racing (with outcome = Guild A or Guild B getting FTE) , chance of A and chance of B getting FTE is not the same.
Another Trainquish member who struggles with reading comprehension.....

From what I wrote,"This would be the chance of winning 20 in a row if the chance of winning or losing was equal."

This is probability theory not statistics, you can't read but are calling me dumb LOL.