Thread: SK Race Choice
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 06:37 AM
Fire Giant

Mine is not a "contrived scenario." Anytime you get bash-stunned by a mob (as a non-ogre, obviously) and follow it up with a cast of FD/DP, you are literally guaranteed to take at least one more round of melee. From every mob that is currently aggroed onto you, which - if you were split-pulling - by definition means more than one mob. There is never going to be a scenario where the pull reaches you, bash-stuns you, and somehow doesn't get to swing again before you have sat through the stun duration and the cast time of FD/DP. That is a mathematical impossibility, unless those mobs are affected by a slow from some very recent previous encounter (please don't go there, you can't be that dumb).

If you can somehow contrive to believe that this is never meaningful in any way, I suppose you're welcome to live in the fantasy reality that you've concocted, but it takes a special level of idiocy to claim that it's somehow just not something that ever matters. While mobs certainly don't land all of their bashes on a tank class, they land enough to where it's noticeable if you're a non-ogre, especially when multiple mobs reach you and every one of them bashes. After all, you're never FD-pulling one mob. It is by definition multiple.

If a blue mob has a 20% chance to actually land a succesful bash-stun on you, what about when there's three or four? But if you wish to draw your conclusion off the assumption that you are, for some bizarre reason, FD-pulling a single mob, you're welcome to live in the world of the deeply irrational.

And most importantly, when would any other racial ability have given you a better chance of success than FSI? Keep in mind that you're the one who specifically pinpointed FD-pulling, so please don't reel it back to something truly inane like "uh, if I had 5% more maximum mana pool..." You tracked this discussion directly into the specific topic of FD-pulling and made the claim that FSI is literally never even relevant because, according to you... blue mobs cannot stun with bash? That is absolutely moronic, not to mention - even if we briefly pretend it were true (it isn't!) - would only be relevant to blue mobs. Can I please pick your argument further apart? It's fun.

Granted, not every bash is a guaranteed stun (unlike the original implementation from years ago), but it is the most common outcome of a bash. If you get bashed, more often than not, it will stun you. Less commonly, it will interrupt your casting even if it doesn't stun you. That's less likely. It happens, but the stun itself has a higher probability. Ogres are immune to that. When facetanking multiple mobs - as will literally always be the case when you're trying to FD-split a multimob pull where you didn't have room to simply feign before they reach you at all (because you're never fucking splitting a single-pull) - the odds of avoiding interruption from a bash are quite high if you have FSI.
Last edited by greatdane; 03-13-2024 at 07:03 AM..