Thread: Raid Scene Poll
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013, 05:11 PM
Fire Giant

I didn't select 'no poopsocking' because I believe that you're addressing something that has a 'boundary' and you'd just be pushing the boundary back. If you can't log toons out at spawn point, then people will just log toons out at whatever boundary you propose.

This could be negative to casuals in the sense that now you've got people training (maybe not intentionally) to get to where you are. Also, where is that boundary going to be? How far do you extend a 'poopsock' radius? Am I safe @ Juggs for Trak? I'd hate to be killing juggs and teleported out because i'm 'too close'.

IMO the only way to prevent poopsocking is for everyone to have a chance at the mob. Simultaneous repops + time-delayed engagement rules would be great. However, I don't think that making it only for the next spawn would do anything than allow the major spawns to be toggled on and off by the top two guilds.

I'd propose a decay function of time-delay - simple really like 2/n - where n is the number of spawns since last taken down by your group. Hardcode the values so it's not too fine grained but:

So, you kill Trak.

Next spawn: wait 2 hours
Next spawn: wait 1 hour
Next spawn: wait 45 minutes
Next spawn: wait 30 minutes
Next spawn: wait 15 minutes
Next spawn: No restriction

With this methodology there would be 5 guilds 'in-line' for the kill. The time restrictions are such that it would be extremely feasible for guilds to 'lose out' their spot (competition, hooray) because they wiped, or they were slow to mobilize. However, they'd still sit at a low delay and the guild that mobilized more quickly would be bumped back to 2 hours.

This also virtually guarantees that no guild can lock down all the targets. If you're at 2 hours, even 1 hour, your chances of the other 3 waiting guilds (who have proven to be able to get the target previously) and the other un-restircted guilds not downing the mob are pretty slim.

This would still apply pressure to be able to mobilize quickly and down the target in a clean manner, and enforces a kind of 'turn-based' system.

I'd be happy to help implement it as well. I have played on this server for several years now with no real intent on raiding because of how FUBAR'ed it is. Let's hope something good can come of this.