Thread: Game Mechanics: Tracking Bug with players
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

With all due respect to Red, like 40 people play there. Is it really worth making the server that 1k+ people play on (Blue) unclassic just to prevent a limited form of cheating that one whole Red player might take advantage of (on a server the support staff themselves don't even visit anymore)?

This really does impact non-PvP players. I don't know how many times I've forgotten (I'm a slow learner apparently) that track doesn't work right, and I've tried to use it to find another player for a port/buff/trade/etc. only to waste several minutes running in the wrong direction.

And I know about this bug! Imagine how much time every new Ranger (or Druid or Bard) on the server loses because they didn't, and how it must impact their perception of this server.

TLDR; Blue/Project 1999 is all about classic Everquest: please fix it to be more classic, even if that comes at a cost of disabling an anti-cheat on a server that barely anyone plays on.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-14-2018 at 04:45 PM..