View Single Post
Old 12-09-2022, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

It's a decision only you can make, but imho it's going to be a matter of what role you want to play on raids and how much pain you're willing to endure to fill that role.

SKs are better group tanks (IMHO) but are mostly limited to Kunark bosses and Velious trash when raiding. Warriors can be frustrating in groups (again, IMHO) but when geared out can be MTs for velious raids.

Some things I feel like some don't consider when starting a warrior: being 60 alone isn't good enough to MT - you'll also need to grind out good weapons and gear, and that will take time. Also, you only normally need 1-3 warriors (normally 1, sometimes 2, occasionally 3) for a raid target, so every other warrior there will be redundant. Also, you're going to be compared to warriors who have spent years gearing, so even when you do have good enough gear to tank, you may get passed over . Last but not least, LOTS of people play warriors, so competition for gear is fierce

To be clear, I stopped leveling my pally to level a warrior and the payoff has been worth it. Just have to know what you want and what you're getting into with each!

Race shouldn't matter a ton in the end; they can all get it done. That said, you'll feel thr benefit of ogre until you have very high end gear. I went iksar and love it, but I'll be honest, that forever lack of infinite charge invis and shrink clickies hurts a little.
Last edited by Philistine; 12-09-2022 at 03:35 PM..