View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 11:25 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zithax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want to hear from the people whose first time is P99, mainly:

How well do you enjoy the game?
What is your level/class/race/guild?
Are you casual or hardcore players?
What is your previous "MMO" experience?
Do you recognize what role skill plays in performing your class's proper duties in solo/group/raid situations?

I wanted to reply to Zithax, me being new to the game. I could say I'm new even though I played for about 2 weeks back in 2003, but really, what's 2 weeks? Not much in this game IMO. So here I go:

1. I enjoy the game quite a lot. It's a very difficult game, however I find a great sense of satisfaction, especially when I level up. I feel as if I'm really accomplishing something out of hard work and dedication. Also, I'm having quite a lot of fun exploring the various zones. Recently I went from Qeynos to Freeport at lvl 11. It has probably been the scariest moment (and the most fun) in the game thus far. Knowing that any single thing can kill you AND knowing that if you die you level down is not to be taken lightly.
2. ATM I'm a level 12 Barb Shaman named Aldarion, part of the Bregan D'Aerth guild. Look me up if you want to group
3. I still haven't decided if I'm a casual or hardcore. I definetely don't play 24/7 but I've been playing like 7-10 hours a day, sometimes 6-7 more hours than those 7-10 when I'm at work. Yes, I play at work [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] My intention is to become a hardcore player as I continue to lvl up. Definetely interested in doing end-game raiding when I reach max level.
4. I play WoW along with EQ, but I play mostly because of my g/f. She's not really interested in EQ, so I reach a middle ground and play with her. Other experiences include EQII back in 2004 (stopped playing after the trial month, just hated it), and FFXI.
5. Now this is the most important question I want to address. At starter levels, knowing what role you play is difficult. When you begin you don't know where you are, you don't know what to do. Great thing is that there's a great community that helps you in every corner. People here seem to understand that you're a newb and lead you in the direction you're supposed to go. That's especially true for understanding my class a little better. If such a community wasn't in place, I still would be at a loss about what to do with my class. As I understand it right now, Shamans can solo, though not especially well; and are very necessary in a group. All I've been doing right now is casting SoW/Strength and healing when grouping, but I hope that improves as I continue to lvl and get better spells. As I know nothing of raiding, I don't know what my role would be apart from casting buffs.

Hope this answered some of your questions Zithax. Any insight/help/tips would be appreciated concerning understanding the shaman class better.