View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hey zelld42 did you know sepulcher skeletons do not flee
when will you be deleting your character [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In all fairness to zelld52, there is a theory I have that I haven't fully tested. I noticed in Chardok when you are factioned, mobs won't flee if there are other mobs nearby (like behind a wall), even though those mobs aren't agroed. You can see an example of that here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS3uoIHTu_c the first mob I am fighting in the video doesn't flee (also doesn't gate due to being close enough to their spawn point). There are mobs like 10 feet away around a corner.

My theory is the flee code checks for nearby mobs, not mobs on your hate list. I say this because mobs will not flee if 2+ mobs are attacking you, so there is obviously some kind of check in place that prevents fleeing when multiple mobs are involved. It is even possible mobs have different radiuses. This means sepulcher skeletons in Howling Stones may just have a large radius when checking if other mobs are nearby. If this is the case, generally speaking they won't flee.

However, if you clear a large enough area around the sepulcher skeleton (so there are no other mobs in the radius), maybe they will run. If I recall correctly, zelld52 specifically mentioned clearing basement, not simply camping a few mobs. I haven't had time to test my theory though, since you would need to kill a lot of mobs hehe.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 02-02-2023 at 03:35 PM..