View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 05:48 PM
Fire Giant

Okay, so if you're up for trying out bard, here is my somewhat unusual suggestion for you - you play bard, she plays shaman. The two classes compliment each other extremely well as a duo. Points of note, in no particular order...

1. The combination of HP and Mana regen that bards bring is a shaman's best friend and makes it a very low downtime duo.

2. You'll have a variety of ways that you can kill as you level depending on your targets and twink level. Tank and spank with shaman slows, pet tank with slows, fear kite, charming (double charming if fighting animals), root rot.

3. Root rot works especially well at higher levels once the bard gets single target DoTs and the shaman gets some higher damage ones. Bard DoTs have no initial DD component so they don't have a chance to break root. Also, as long as you're quick on it you can use the bard mez songs to interrupt most dangerous spells from caster mobs, which is one of the few real things that limits what a shaman can root rot.

4. The shaman is already one of the most capable solo classes but one of the areas that they are lacking is hard CC, which the bard brings. Between lull, mez, charm, root, slows, and a dogdog pet? Dungeon crawling and breaking dungeon camps is more doable with the duo than most.

5. Shaman stat buffs are great and with you duoing most of the time it's not such a chore to keep them up. Being able to load up on like 130 pounds more loot between the two of you before needing to go sell things off is just a nice bonus at times when you're far removed but don't want to start leaving loot laying around.

6. The two classes combined have a ton of utility and quality of life things. Bard speed and SoW, invis, levitate, enduring breath, see invis. You'll have just about everything except invis vs undead and ports covered, and you'll have both song and buff versions of them depending on if you just need them for a moment or longer.

I'm sure I could think of more things, but I need to head out for a while, so that'll do for now.