View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 10:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’d probably do a dwarf with 5 agility and the rest wisdom but maybe I’m an asshole

I’m never gunna get the robe, main reason.

Still toughest call in the game
I don't quite understand the 5 agi thing. It's easy to find +5 agi somewhere in gear even during early to mid classic.

As for going wisdom, yeah, I can understand that. I was looking at some BIS-setups and even with a High Elf it's difficult to do unless you put points into wisdom or go for Robe of Azure Sky. I think it's unquestionably the most relevant stat for paladins with the possible exception of charisma.

If you go Dwarf without dumping all points into charisma I think you're sentencing your paladin to a life without lull-splitting and that's a shame, the toolkit is very thin without lulls. 20 points into charisma appears to equate around -5% chance of critical resist in the 100-200 cha range. That I feel is significant, even with the help of Luminary Two Handed Sword and Kobold Jester's Crown and a bit of charisma gear you won't get anywhere close to 200 charisma on a Dwarf, especially with no points in charisma upon creation.

As for the robe. Honestly, outside of fashion, Chestplate of Vindication seems like the better pick. Aura of Battle. 15hp and 27 AC > 20 wisdom and 100mana. Vindi BP is also significantly easier to get, you gotta wait until Velious though.

If a new server hit today I still wouldn't know which race to go should I roll paladin. I get a good feeling when I look at dwarves and maybe that's the right pick for that reason.