Thread: Recent Events
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013, 09:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was thinking to myself the other day and I came to ask myself.. Are we providing this server to give people the arena to compete to such bitter extremes that it has resorted to taking every absolute measure to be victorious, or are we here to provide a classic Everquest experience for everyone to enjoy?
Yes! Very glad to read this. The 'Lord of the Flies' type endgame that we have on this server has been a source of constant frustration to me ever since my short sojourn in Vesica Dei. I don't even think you can put all of the blame on TMO: pretty much everyone on the server plays hardball at various times - just watch a few Ragefire kills. If you don't, you get left behind.

So while I fully support your efforts to change the culture of the server, I think you will get far more mileage out of changes to address the huge overcrowding at the high end than telling people to play nice. Velious will not be enough, because a whole gagglefuck of people will return. Some combination of the following would be fantastic:
  • Simultaneous Repops, spreading players out during boss mob fights
  • Tokens, allowing people to 'just enjoy classic Everquest'
  • Ban trains in VP
  • Reduce repop times on certain mobs (for example, all of hate/fear/sky repopping every 6 hours instead of 8/12/etc would be great)
  • Encourage people to delete alt accounts of their own volition, by giving deleters guises or illusion stuff or whatever
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard