View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blood Ember clickies are generally going to be more useful than Greenmist when soloing. It's not that great of a weapon. Epic is better, and swapping Greenmist + Epic before going back to your DPS weapon is going to lose you a lot of DPS, which means taking more damage or spending more mana anyway.

I would only recommend Iksar for Greenmist if you are 100% sure you are never going to raid. By this I mean you are not going to get raid gear for your SK, you are fine with being level 60 in EC gear. It's a good weapon in that specific scenario, since it is kind of an "Epic lite", and one of the better non-raid weapons. MQing an Epic is pretty expensive for that kind of player, probably outside of their budget. Greenmist is much cheaper.

Epic is 50 HP/Tick over 5 ticks.

Greenmist is 30 HP/Tick over 8 ticks.

If you have 255 DEX you are procing an average of every 5 ticks (2 per minute). Epic is giving you 500 HP per minute, where Epic + Greenmist is giving you 590 HP per minute if you always proc Epic first and let Greenmist finish during the next minute.

In reality you probably aren't going to get that perfect of proc rates, and Epic is just much better when it comes to re-applying the DoT. The additional 90 HP heal is not really worth the DPS drop of having to swing with Greenmist. You'll probably save more HP just getting the fight over faster.
i agree with DSM? yikes. not like SK epic is hard to get either with golem races still a thing and MQ not that expensive at worst case.