View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've done quite a few SK builds. Troll regen is really nice, but 50+ mana & mana regen is what keeps you going the longest, especially if you can afford a fungi as well.
For soloing Troll regen is generally > max mana if you have fungi and all the clickies like BP greaves. My Troll SK's gear fluctuates his Mana between 1700 and 2100 or so, and I never notice when I have the 2100 vs the 1700. I'm rarely at max mana anyway. Clickies and Flowing Thought are doing most of the mana saving on an SK (and Soul Defiler if you can grab one).

Troll Regen = less need to lifetap = more mana saved. At 60 you are gaining 80 HP/Min standing over other races, and Drain soul is around a 1.5 HP / Mana ratio. So you are potentially saving 53 mana per minute on less life taps, which is the equivalent of Flowing Thought 5.

Not saying max mana can never help. If you are in a bad situation, being able to tap a few more times is nice. But it's not going to be better than half of a Fungi Tunic's worth of HP regen at 60, when soloing at least. In Raids/Groups it's different, since you are going to have a healer anyway. But SK's are the worst raiding class, so I wouldn't generally recommend people trying to min/max for it.