View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 02:29 AM
Skeleton

Default Logitech G13 Gameboard with Everquest

Hello guys.

Since I discovered Belkin Nostromo Speedpad N52 Ive been using many kinds of gamepads to play all mmorpg games. I just cant play them with classic keyboard anymore.
I started using Nostromo N52 back in... 2006 maybe? with Everquest 2.
It passed aways very fast, (hardcore raiding days) so I bough another one and then an updated Nostromo n52te. That one is still alive and working very well after 8 years of use. But Im trying a new one now.

Wanted a new speedpad, so I had to chose betwen the new Razer models (They own Belkin now) and Logitech G13 as I readed a lot of good things about it.

G13 is a wonderful gaming peripheral to have. Ive been using it in other games for a year now and I can say it was made to last.

Its kinda different to Nostromo's models. More buttons, different ergonomic and 3 modes too.
I used a lot momentarily switching betwen modes in my old Nostromo, so I can swith from moving mode to attack mode and back pretty fast. In fact, 3 modes with Everquest: Moving mode, hotbar access mode and spellcasting mode.

But, its a bit tricky with the G13. You need to use scripts to configure that, at least the way I like to use it.
I like to use qwerty/arrows for the normal actions (Mode 1) and then shift the modes so that qwerty is 1234567890 (Mode 2, hotbars) or Alt+1, Alt+2, Alt+3....... (Mode 3, spellbook). And then to go back to original movement controls when I release. I don't want to have to press a key twice to go to M2 or M3 and back because in practice is slower.

So, I wanted to share this simple script in case anyone use this gamepad too and want give it a try;

Code:
function OnEvent(event,arg,family)

family = family or ""

Mstate = GetMKeyState("lhc")	

if Mstate == 1 and arg == 23 and event == "G_PRESSED" then -- if G23 is pressed in M1

SetMKeyState(2, "lhc")	-- set M to 2 on the lhc (G13)

end

if Mstate == 2 and arg == 23 and event == "G_RELEASED" then -- if G23 is released in M2

SetMKeyState(1, "lhc")	-- set M to 1 on the lhc (G13)

end

if Mstate == 1 and arg == 24 and event == "G_PRESSED" then -- if G24 is pressed in M1

SetMKeyState(3, "lhc")	-- set M to 3 on the lhc (G13)

end

if Mstate == 3 and arg == 24 and event == "G_RELEASED" then -- if G24 is released in M2

SetMKeyState(1, "lhc")	-- set M to 1 on the lhc (G13)

end

end
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

See you ingame!