View Single Post
Old 07-20-2023, 11:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reason why you probably think it doesn't work is because it's not really worth the trouble to do this on a spell with a long recast timer. You typically only apply this strategy to spells like Cannibalize. The recast timer and cast timer are similar enough to where you can spam the spell faster without a timer.
This gets used a lot for CotH accelleration. Playing a Rogue, I didn't know about the mechanics mentioned here until very recently, when someone pointed out I wasn't CotH botting as well as I could while manning a bot to help CotH a raid to triples. I wasn't using a GCD reset to interleave the cast and refresh time since I didn't realize how the top slot refresh mechanics worked and didn't think there would be an effect of resetting global cooldown on such a long recharge spell.

CotH takes 12 seconds to cast and 15 to recharge, so you can save 11+ seconds per cycle if you do it right like you suggested. I think I have since seen some mages suggest using Manna robe as a perfect spacer that also gets a bit of mana recharged for this.

Sanctum Low Man Vindi Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZfNjvsDRE