View Single Post
Old 09-24-2023, 09:12 PM
Kobold

I just started playing P99 and rolled a barbarian shaman (currently lvl 14).

After reading a couple of posts, guides and watching some videos, I'm still unsure if I am going about this the right way.

Question: What is the most efficient way to solo and how do I best support a group at my level? It depends on level. At low levels just save your mana for healing and nuking fleeing mobs. This changes as you get higher level and your dots become more efficient and slow spells become more neccessary, mobs at higher level hit a lot harder.

Solo: Do you root/rot or do you facetank(?) with slow?
Both can be options at higher levels, not at your level.

Group: buff the group with dex/agi, slow the mobs and heal in between fights? The most important buffs at high level would be HP, AC, Haste, Regen, Sow. Not neccesarilly in that order. At low levels though I would stick cast sow on everyone and HP/AC if needed and thats it. Most level buffs don't last very long and do very little to improve performance. Just save mana for heals and occasional nukes.

Also, I see people advocating for drowsy/inner fire (until you get heal) as they are more mana efficient? Yep. Inner fire is your most efficient heal for awhile. Drowsy sucks. Don't bother with slow at low level.