View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Installation Question

Greetings,

First off, allow me to say great initiative. I loved EverQuest and thoroughly enjoyed playing from 1999 up until Gates of Discord launched. In particular, some of the fondest memories I have from any online game were from original EQ.

Now for my problem:

I have followed all the guides to the letter. Renamed the appropriate files, replaced the appropriate files and yet when I click on my shortcut of eqgame.exe that was modified so the Target line says "G:\-=Games=-\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme" (No quotation marks) it merely puts me on a completely black screen. I see the cursor change to a more roleplay'ish curser, but from hereon out nothing happens. There are no sounds to indicate that anything is going on, either. I have attempted to write my Login Server account name and password via tab and enter, but no effect comes.

I am unsure whether I followed the steps too literally, or not. I created both forum account and login server account on the EQEmulator Forums, edited the eqhost.txt file as appropriately mentioned to "Host=eqemulator.net:5998" (Again, no quotation marks)

I have run the installation multiple times to see if this would fix the issue, but is makes no difference. I used the Titanium Installer.

I am not sure whether or not it is relevant, but I am running Windows 7.

I would very much appreciate some assistance here, and i thank you in advance for your time.

Kind regards,
Arbaal McOwn
Former Wizard of Remedy, Nameless Server / Maelin Starpyre server.
Last edited by McOwn; 01-14-2010 at 10:33 AM.. Reason: Included installer