Thread: Poisons Guide!!
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2023, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All trade skills are plat sinks ... but that didn't stop me from "wasting" my plat at level 20 for blacksmithing, on live 2+ decades ago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm not convinced that the wiki should be about gatekeeping playstyles. If someone wants a more frugal path to improving poison making, and the wiki can provide that (while also providing the efficient path), that seems more appropriate to me.

After all, you don't see (for instance) some mob page telling people not to waste their time farming that mob, because it isn't plat efficient ... right?
To use your blacksmithing analogy, it would be like updating the smithing page to suggest farming Muddites in the Gorge of King Xorbb to save money on buying Sheet Metal because they can drop bricks of ores. You would 100% be better off just farming some Fine Steel to vendor and buy sheet metal straight from the vendor.

Anyways it's all a bit silly and I really don't care that much lol.