View Single Post
Old 04-06-2023, 08:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Helped a legless, completely blind homeless guy take a shit today. Really not part of my job description…

He mentioned he always pisses himself but didn’t want to have to shit himself and was begging me to help him. McDonalds was trespassing him off the property so they didn’t want him using theirs. But with me wheeling him in and buying (with my own money) him a soda that made him a customer so they couldn’t refuse

Had to wait while he washed the piss off his shorts in their sink, and I could tell he was legit blind by how badly he kept fumbling trying to find the sink handles and soap. Luckily I didn’t have to help him get from his chair to the toilet. But afterwards I could see why they hated this kind of stuff, there were shit stains all over the floor after he left and the toilet was clogged with paper which I assume was his. Sucks for the cleaning crew! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

He then asked me to wheel him off their property and next to a busy city street. He had a sign that read “Blind man needs legs”. He asked if it was facing the right way, it wasn’t, it was facing him and upside down. I put it the right way and into his hands. He asked if the cars could see him and I said yes, and he held out his dingy sign

I could have wheeled him facing a wall and he was so blind he wouldn’t have realized it, just sat there holding his sign upside down at a wall. But I did my best to position him like he wanted

He refused to go to an ER and said shelters won’t take him due to his medical issues. Aside from this being an Adult Protective Services report and a half, there was nothing more I could do for the guy
Jesus Christ.